Paint is one of the most transformative tools in design, and also one of the easiest and most affordable to use. It can freshen up a space, breathing new life to it and creating a more updated appeal. It is also a great way to bring color to the decor. It can go as bold or as subtle as you’d like. If you are looking to accent a space with some color in your home, paint can be a quick and easy way to do just that. For staging, it is best to stick with neutrals when painting anything architectural, but you can bring color in through less “permanent” areas such as furniture or accessories. These 10 ideas show you how paint can turn common features in a home into a colorful accent.
1. An accent wall. It is probably the most common way to accent a space with paint because it adds color and depth. Even in a staged home, an accent wall in a slightly deeper neutral than the rest of the space will have a nice visual impact.
2. The kitchen island. There is no rule that the island must match the rest of the cabinets, so painting the island in a different color could bring some character to the space.
3. The fireplace. Create a beautiful focal point by painting the fireplace in a different color than the walls. It will highlight that great architectural feature.
4. Flooring. Polished concrete can look just as high-end as any other type of flooring. Painting it will add surprising character and style.
5. The ceiling. When decorating, every area of the space is a chance for great design, including the ceiling. Trade in that boring white for something unexpected.
6. Kitchen cabinets. If you’re feeling bold, consider swapping out neutral cabinets for something bolder. This relaxing blue looks great in this country coastal kitchen.
7. The front door. Create a memorable first impression and spice up your curb appeal with a colorful front door.
8. The trim. Add depth to neutral walls with trim in a complimenting color. This living room swapped the palette of the dining room to create a nice flow while still defining each space.
9. A piece of furniture. Painting some chairs, a table, a dresser, or any other piece of furniture in an accent color can add some easy style to a space.
10. Light fixtures. They are as functional as they are decorative, so painting them in an accent color can make a stylish impression.
Don’t underestimate the power of paint when you are looking to breathe some new life into your home.